In 2016, donations from the community enabled FARE to make a difference for the 15 million Americans with food allergies. FARE’s Food Allergy Heroes Walk contributed $1.8 million to support initiatives such as:
- Committing $10,000,000 to world-class food allergy research since 2015.
- Providing free support and training to 30 colleges through the FARE College Program.
- Reaching 22 million people with the Teal Pumpkin Project
- Distributing 30,000 copies of FARE’s Food Allergy Field Guide, a resource for newly diagnosed patients.
- Successfully advocating for laws expanding access to stock epinephrine in 10 states
- Fostering creativity and idea generation at the first annual FARE Teen Summit Innovation Tank
- Establishing Community Engagement Councils in nine regions across the country to address local needs in the food allergy community with awareness, advocacy and education programs.
This fall, you can help FARE continue to improve the quality of life and the health of individuals with food allergies, and to provide them hope through the promise of new treatments by registering for a Food Allergy Heroes Walk. By joining a Food Allergy Heroes Walk, you will help raise money to support critical efforts in 2017 and beyond.
Join a walk. Start a team. Be a hero. Sign up for a Food Allergy Heroes Walk today!
Don’t see a walk in your city? Start your own community walk and begin fundraising today! Learn more at foodallergy.org/hometownheroes.